|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Bamboo socks - one pair - 3 styles
Shoe size: UK 3-7, Euro 36-41 or UK 7-11, Euro 41-47 in styles Bees, Clouds or Toadstools.
Why is bamboo viscose great to wear?
- 40% more moisture absorbent than cotton
- breathable fabric that keeps feet fresh and dry
- naturally anti-bacterial
- durable and stronger than cotton
- hypo allergenic
Why Bamboo and not cotton?
- bamboo grows without the need for fertilisers or pesticides.
- naturally requires less water (a third of the water required to grow cotton), farmers don’t need to irrigate their crop, saving water in a country where water shortages are a big problem.
- bamboo yields are ten times higher per hectare than cotton and the plant rarely needs replanting, sprouting on its own.
- bamboo yarns require less dye than cotton and keep their colour for longer.
Yarn: 75% bamboo viscose, 22% polyamide, 3% elastine
Made in India
The bamboo is processed into yarn in Rajasthan, then transported and made into socks in Tamil Nadu. The sock factory is in Perundhurai, a rural district of Tamil Nadu. 17 workers are employed, 6 men and 11 women, with both sexes in positions of management and they earn about 48% above the minimum wage. They follow clear fair trade principles in their production. They don't have any child labour and the staff are valued and included in decision making processes.